There are a number of very short walks on Mt Buffalo that give great views. We often pass them by in favour of bigger walks. Whilst they are all fairly steep, they are short and I’m in no rush. Participants can chose to do all or some of the walks on offer.
- Lake View: 2km. Great views of Lake Catani. Mostly on footpad with a short Rocky bit at the top.
- The Horn: 1km. 360degree views. A lot of steps with a Rocky part that includes a handrail.
- The Monolith. 2km. Great views and some history. Narrow track and some steps near the top.
- The Old Galleries. 1km. Walking through a rocky wonderland.
- Cathedral/ Hump. 2km. Walking past spectacular rock formations and ending with a view. The top part is a s ramble but isn’t compulsory.
- Rollasens Falls or Eurobin Falls. If people feel like a short walk on the way down we can add one or both of these.
I’m hoping for a sunny June day but if the weather isn’t good I’ll postpone until Spring.
I’ve graded it grade 3 but it all depends on what you opt in or out of.
- Grade 3 Medium
- Leader: Bernadette
- Phone: 0419241687
- Final booking date: Wed May 31st
- Key risks & hazards: There are some rocky parts. The walk will only go ahead in fine weather.
- For more information and updates about BBC activities, check www.borderbushwalkingclub.com.au