Who is NERSA?
The North East Regional Sustainability Alliance (NERSA) is a network of community sustainability groups which acts collaboratively with communities, agencies and organisations across the region to:
‘promote sustainability across North East Victoria by acting as a hub for coordination and collaboration between community groups and others with focus on sustainability in our region and nationally.’
The North East has a unique capacity to provide sustainable solutions because of our endowments in:
- Natural resources, water and biodiversity;
- Renewable energy sources;
- Productive food systems; and
- Adaptive and innovative communities.
Our key directions:
- Act as a catalyst for sustainability action by bringing together the community and linking with and building on efforts of existing environmental groups.
- Raise awareness of climate change, its effects and mitigation.
- Positive advocacy for change.
- Move toward renewable energy sources.
- Promote sustainable living by encouraging the use of sustainable goods and services and reducing consumption.
- Ensure natural resource management that protects and enhances our water, soils, minerals, landscapes and biodiversity.
- Develop sustainable food systems.
- Provide a forum for discussing opportunities and challenge.
Jenny Davies email@example.com
Matthew Charles-Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Beechworth Urban Landcare and Sustainability (BULS)
Nicki Munro email@example.com
Wangaratta Sustainability Network (WSN)
Rowan O’Hagan firstname.lastname@example.org
Benalla Sustainable Future Group
John Lloyd email@example.com