The Border Bushwalking club has been an active outdoor club in the Albury Wodonga area since it was established in 1978.
The Rules (Constitution) state that:
The purposes for which the Association is established are:
- To gather together people of similar interests in bushwalking and other outdoor activities.
- To provide information, instructions and advice on all matters concerned with walking and other outdoor activities.
- To arrange walks, ski-tours and journeys and promote social activity amongst members.
- To preserve and protect Australian flora, fauna and natural beauty places
Member s and visitors enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities including:
- Day walks
- Overnight backpack walks
- Extended backpacking trips
- Canoe trips
- Bike rides
- Cross Country Skiing
- Overseas trips
Monthly Club Nights are held on the first Tuesday of the month (except December and January) at the Wodonga Senior Citizens’ Hall, Havelock Street Wodonga at 7.00pm for a 7.30 pm start. It’s a great opportunity to catch up with friends and to hear a guest speaker who might relate a recent trip or discuss topics related to the environment or safety in the outdoors.