Education. Partnerships. Biodiversity. Sustainable Agriculture. Landcare
Our organization Petaurus Education Group Inc. (PEG) was established in late-2014 as an independent outreach team for the Wirraminna Environmental Education Centre, and implements small and large-scale projects around education and community engagement within the Murray, Riverina and Western regions of NSW and into northeast Victoria.
Our programs identify, develop and deliver a range of learning and curriculum experiences, resources and initiatives for schools and community groups to connect with land, water, biodiversity, productive and sustainable farming, resource sustainability and cultural appreciation at the local level.
Other well-known programs include:
* Wirraminna Environmental Education Centre Outreach
* The Creative Catchment Kids program which in 2016 won the Yates Junior Landcare Team Award and in 2015 the NSW Junior Landcare Team Award
* Wiradjuri Artist in Schools with world renowned indigenous artist David Dunn. He was awarded 2016 Albury/ Wodonga NAIDOC Week Artist of the Year
* Indigenous Advancement Strategy Stories and Mentoring Project also with David Dunn
* Junior Landcare Gala days
* The Squirrel Glider LAMP (Local Area Management Plan) Project
* The Wirraminna-On-Wheels in-school programs
* Clean Energy Program
* Host a Local Landcare Coordinator through the 2015-2019 NSW Landcare Support Program
* Support to community and Landcare groups in payroll, bookkeeping and grant management.
MISSION : To connect our community with the natural and cultural environment through education and communication to promote positive social change.