Regent Honeyeater Project Planting Dates
How are you? It is exciting to announce that the Regent Honeyeater Project is now well funded for the next few years and that we can now advertise the dates for the planting weekends for this season.
So, we need your help for another season of People Power in Action!
In a similar vein to last year we will be starting planting in May and June to beat the end of financial year as well getting plants established well before the ever-unpredictable Spring.
Then there will be a break for July and we will have some opportunity again in August:
As with last year we will be providing at no cost:
• Saturday evening meal
• Sunday lunch
• Accommodation at the Scout / Guide Halls in Benalla (mattresses supplied: BYO bedding) which will be available of Friday and Saturday nights
• We will also conduct a tour of an established site, probably late on Saturday.
Some of the sites we have planned for this season are:
• Continuing the meandering corridor that will connect north to south across Winton Wetlands (which will connect Lurg to Chesney Vale)
• More of the scattered overstory planting associated with the above corridor
• Hand, niche direct seeding of understory
• Goudie Rd, Chesney Vale, west of McGann Hill road. If you have a look on Google earth this will fill a gap between McGann Hill Rd (which connects to Lake Mokoan Rd and Winton Wetlands)and the Katatmatite Creek Reserve ( which is about 7km long) with various connections to Mt Meg Nature Conservation Reserve- so a very important gap to plant.
• Scattered overstory and understory in a newly fenced Ironbark remnant in Lurg
• Greens camp is a 20ha low Box/Ironbark hill similar to Humphries Hill in Winton Wetlands for planting in late Winter / early Spring.
Thank you for your support to date and we really hope you are able to join us again this year.
Have a lovely day,
Andie Guerin – Coordinator of Regent Honeyeater Project Inc