Get snapping and enter a gardens for wildlife photo in Wodonga Show’s photography competition. Prizes for adults and children – a great children’s activity over the summer holidays!
• Entry Fee: Free.
• Steward: Jordan Hoban Ph 0457 922 963.
• Photographs should have good technical quality, good composition and impact/appeal or tell a story.
• All entries to be delivered to the Wodonga Show Grounds between 11am and 5pm from Monday 9th March to Wednesday 11th of March (call or text Jordan Hoban to let her know you are coming), or contact Jordan to organise other arrangements (0457 922 963).
All entries are due by 5pm, Wednesday 11th March 2020.
• Photos will be exhibited during Wodonga Show Day Saturday 14th March.
• Four prizes:
Junior: Under 18 years first prize – $20
Junior: Under 18 years second prize – $10
Senior: 18 years and over first prize – $20
Senior: 18 years and over second prize – $10
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Photo to depict an aspect of ‘gardens for wildlife’, with a 50 words or less caption telling the story of the photo.
2. Photos can include wildlife but should also display aspects of a garden designed for wildlife such as native plants, diversity of plants, basking spots for reptiles, tussocks, tree hollows, water sources and leaf litter.
3. Prints can be any size with any size border, although border needs to be wide enough to also display the accompanying 50 words or less caption.
4. Photo and caption will both be considered during judging.
5. All entries must clearly state the entrant’s name, address, phone number, age if under 18 and whether entry is junior or senior. Also write the words ‘Class 5’ (which refers to gardens for wildlife photographs).
6. Collect entries from the steward at the display area in the Pavilion from between 4pm and 5pm on the day of the show or organise other arrangements in advance (before the day of the show) with the steward for the collection of your entries.
7. All work must be the work of the exhibitor who must be an amateur (someone that does not derive the greater percentage of their income as a photographer). Computer generated images are not acceptable – all entries must contain actual photographs taken by the entrant in the last 12 months. Commercial processing is acceptable.
8. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All possible care will be taken of entries but no responsibility is accepted by the Wodonga Show Society Inc. for any loss or damage during the exhibition, storage or transit.
10. The work is hung at the Steward’s discretion.
11. Entries must be mounted on CARDBOARD only.
12. Prints can be any size with any size border.
This competition is being held by Wodonga Urban Landcare Network in conjunction with the Wodonga Show Society, with the generous support of a Victorian Landcare grant.Download Flyer