The Wodonga Urban Landcare Network and Kiewa Catchments Landcare Network are offering a range of workshops at no cost to participants thanks to the Victorian Government’s Community Skills Development program.
Please follow the links for more information about each session.
Places are limited and booking is required.
Tools for Change
Three workshops for community by the renowned Alpine Valleys Community Leadership team to provide skills in creating positive, grass-roots change. Attend one or all. If you want things in your community to be different, these workshops will help you find out where and how to start; the pitfalls to avoid, the paths to really make change happen and how to bring people along with you.
- Community Leadership Essentials, Sun 28 October 9.30am – 4.00pm, Baranduda
- Effective Advocacy, Sun 18 November 9.30am – 4.00pm, Baranduda
- Collective Impact for positive change, Wed 5 December 3.30pm- 8.00pm, Baranduda
Culture and Country
Two field workshops with Brendon Kennedy – cultural tour guide, traditional land manager and craftsman. Brendon was Victoria’s first Aboriginal Landcare Officer and has extensive experience in local bush crafts and interpreting country for community members.
- Aboriginal Culture in the landscape: Living on the Murray River, Wed 31 October 10am-2pm, Kremur St Boat Ramp, Albury
- Aboriginal Culture in the landscape: Burraja bushcrafts, Sat 10 November 10am-2pm, Burraja Cultural Centre, Gateway Island, Wodonga.
Learn how to find, identify and record plants and animals over two workshops in practical ecology with Charles Sturt University staff.
- Field Observations – the How of observing and recording nature, Sat 6 October, 4.30pm-8pm, Ryans Lagoon, Bonegilla.
- Mapping change over time – Sun 14 October, 10am-3pm, CSU Thurgoona campus.